Thursday, May 19, 2011

Craptastic Art.

I wonder if some things should even be labeled as art.

I was in the a mall with T-Bear the other day, as we were browsing through a store I can not at this moment recall the name, I pointed out a painting and said, I want to learn how to do that.

I was talking the technique which I have since found out uses resin.  Yes, I will have to try it.

But anyhoo, T-Bear says, "It's fuckin ugly."

"I'm talking technique, Dumbass."

Yeah, it was ugly, but I can admire technique even if I don't like something.

But some things just boggle the mind.

Like Andres Serrano's piece of crap, which isn't just ugly, it's offensive.

It's a crucifix, submerged in piss.

Yuck.

My only question...is it dear old Andres' piss?

And this next one?

I scratch my head and say, WTF?


I mean, REALLY?  I can't figure out if that's a wiener or one huge ass booger.

'Nuff said.

I want to put these in my front yard, ya know, to scare off the neighbors, the mailman and random cookie selling girl scouts.



And the piece de resistance...

Because everyone wants a way out of proportion body like that.  Hell, if I had boobs that size I wouldn't be able to stand, forget walking straight.

I would be like a weeble, no worse, I would actually fall on my face.

Hell, I know my art isn't the best, and some people may not even like it, but if I can paste a hotdog on someone'e shnoz and call it art, then I must be doing something wrong.

No comments: